The Great First Kiss

Nov
2010
20101031-104031.jpg

The best first kiss I ever had was at the dinner table. I was on a first date with a dude that gave me major butterflies and, as we engaged in the kind of after-dinner banter that is the hallmark of a great first date, he suddenly grabbed me and laid a kiss on me that made me want to jump up and slap his mama.

This happened a million years ago but I still remember everything about that kiss. It started with his hands on my face (the holy grail of kissing-hand placement for most girls) and ended with his arms around my neck (the holy grail of kissing-hand placement for me). It was tender and frantic and gentle and urgent. It was a minute that felt like an hour. It was the greatest kiss ever.

All these years later I can barely remember what went on to happen between me and this dude. But I will never forget this most epic of first kisses. No other kiss – not even kissing my husband for the first time on my wedding day – could ever top it.

For me, the first kiss is the gateway from “wouldn’t it be nice if something happened with this dude?” to “something is happening with this dude”. It’s a promise and a proclamation. Nothing – not even the first thronx – beats the singular joy of a really great first kiss.

Right here is where I’d ordinarily give you a guide to the great first kiss, but I’m too lazy kissing is so personal that a great kiss is different for everyone. So instead I’ll just ask you – have you had a really great first kiss? What was great about it? It’s not Friday, but share a little in the comments.

Tags:

• HLBB says:

I looooove kissing. So all first kisses are great ones. But the best kiss overall was from my very first kiss.

• Starita34 says:

“So all first kisses are great ones.”
      *raised eyebrow*
      ALL? D@mn, it’s just me? You never had that dude with the slimy, way too big for his/your mouth tongue that fully assaulted your poor mouth? Or the guy that had so murch saliva you needed a snorkel to survive the kiss? Or simply the unwanted stolen kiss, that it takes you a full 3 seconds to even realize you’re being kissed? C’mon hun, I love kissing like the next girl. But all first kisses are great? No ma’am. Not for this chick. Glad that yours have been storybook though.

• max says:

I’m with you girl. I have had some horrendous first kisses…but they’ve all been from people I really shouldn’t have been kissing in the first place so I guess it serves my fast ass right.

• thefabfoodie says:

I love kissing – it’s so super intimate but can still be a light kinda thing. I remember reading a poem in Essence one time and the last line was “instead of kissing goodbye/let’s kiss hello”. So poignant – I live by that. I make it a point to kiss my honey hello and goodbye.:)

I actually have two kisses that stand out in memory. I was on a lunch date with a guy I had been seeing off and on for a while. We were heading back to his office and as the elevator doors closed, he pushed me against the wall and laid this forcefully strong kiss on me…took my breath. I almost lost all my senses that day. He had these great soft juicy lips too….mmm.

The second one was the first time I kissed my current honey. We’ve known each other since high school, and while I always had a crush on him, I was a shy girl and would never tell him. My first semester in college brought me out of my shell, and for some reason he ended up at my house one day. We were kinda playing around and I ended up in his lap. He looked at me, and he moved the hair away from my face and kissed me. I got so nervous I put him out of my house.

Yeah…took me 10 years to live that one down.

• max says:

Those are two great kissing stories!

I like the one with the dude pushing you against the wall…it’s both romantic and tawdry. That is hard to pull off.

• Nick@Nite says:

I went on a first date. One of those that last forever. We’re sitting in the parking lot watching the hours go by. We were talking about 80′s music (what else?) We made eye contact and yes, just like the movies, it’s like everything started moving in slow motion. I saw him coming and I processed full thoughts before we made contact. I remember there was an exhale from the both of us at the same moment. I love that kiss. I still think about it. Every now and then, when I’m on the phone with that dude, one of us will mention it. I hope my husband’s kiss can compare.

That was a good kiss….

• rewind….husband? do i need to go back and read some archives? anywho, back to kissing. I like kissing. It’s one of those things that I miss when I’m not in a relationship because I’m pretty selective about who I kiss. I have a couple of first great kisses and the two that really left me (literally) weak were the ones that involved the chin turn. Okay, imagine you’re sitting on a park bench and the dude who decides he wants to kiss you, leans in, takes your chin in his hands and gently turns your face towards him and lands a slow juicy one on you. And then as he pulls away, he teases your tongue with his in a way that communicates pure lust, and gives your bottom lip a gentle tug that leaves you looking like you just saw Jesus. You sit there with your mouth half open like a baby waiting for her next spoonful. This effortless combination makes me lose my mind. One minute I’m strategizing my church hug, and the next minute I’m repositioning myself to get better acquainted with his tongue.

I’m not a fan of roto-rooter tongues, just give me a pair of full, all-encompassing lips and the i-can’t-get-my-clothes-off-fast-enough tongue action can come later. Bad, rushed, off-rhythm, kissing is a turn-off for me, and is usually a good indicator that other aspects of our s3xual chemistry will be off as well. By the way, I semi-hate you for writing this post. *shakes fist* Off to bed…

• I wrote about kissing. *sigh* no one reads or cares I love kissing. My 1st kiss wasn’t memorable. It wasn’t bad but it wasn’t great because I’m here scratching my chin trying to figure it out. *shrug*

I just don’t want a sloppy one >_<

nice post Max!
    Happy bday meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :-D
    (I'm doing this sh*t allll day)

• melissa says:

i think a great first kiss leaves you excited for the prospect of more to come.

my favourite first kiss wasn’t all that memorable. a super simple peck that i wasn’t expecting at all. i didn’t know if he liked me. it was right before he got into his car and left after the second time we hung out. i remember standing there after and feeling like i was in seventh grade…butterflies and all…and looking forward to seeing him again.

• Starita34 says:

I enjoy kissing A LOT. Been called the Kissing Bandit matter-o-fact. But unfortunately I don’t have a magic kiss story. There have been wonderful kisses. But none that I replay in my mind in vivid detail, none deserving of the glorious screenplay-like reminiscing above.

My first kiss was sorta a funny story though. Like to hear it? Here it go:
    Back story – I grew up in the smallest of Midwestern towns. Like tiny. My school was preschool all the way up through the 12th grade in one building barely teetering on 400 kids. So we dated friend’s exes and it really wasn’t a big deal to us.

So Kevin is my first boyfriend. He used to date my gf Erin. I was so enamored. I was 13, so even though he was “my man” we didn’t kiss for a while. We were at my brother’s track meet and it got cold, so we went out to my parent’s van to grab a blanket. I jump in, get the blanket, and when I turn around to leave he’s kissing me…not just any kiss, this boy’s tongue is in my mouth. *13 year old me clutches her pearls* I’m shocked, I’m frozen, doing nothing but trying to breath. He breaks the kiss, gauge’s my reaction and turns to return the the track meet. My little mind FINALLY catches up to what’s going on and I grab his hand, whip him around and lay it on him. I don’t remember if I actually said it or if I was just thinking it, but at some point “oh no, my first kiss is not going down like THAT” went through my head.

He was a bit stunned by my aggressiveness and blinked a few times, then drops this romantic jewel, “Wow, you’re nothing like Erin!” *smh* I took it in the spirit that it was intended and we went on to make out like the fate of the world depended on it for the next three months of teenage bliss.

annnnnd scene.

• CHeeKZ Money says:

I have this cindy crawford size mole next to my mouth. When I was a young pup, my mom’s BF told me that is was a haitian vodoo mark. Said I was going to have the power to make girls go crazy with my kiss. Great… now if I could only find someone who actually wanted to kiss me.
    I think the mole magic makes up for my tongue coming up short.

I’m a sucker for DSL’s. Not just to get head, but kissing them.

• max says:

“now if I could only find someone who actually wanted to kiss me”

I’m sure you won’t have any trouble with that. God knows you have more than enough fans just on this blog alone.

• Oh and thank you Scarlett. :) I smiled… lol

• LaLaBakir says:

I read this post this morning. Thought really hard, and came back.

And I still can’t think of a 1st great kiss that sticks out for me.

I’ve had some awesome kisses…but a 1st great one. *thinks hard* Nothing comes to mind. Oh wait!!!

Throughout high school I absolutely HATED Mo. Like I could not stand the kid. He was arrogant and thought he was the ish (he kinda was) and played b-ball. Anyways, senior year I end up in Health Class with him. He wants me to be his partner for the flour baby project, I tell him no. He begins sitting near me in class everyday…I see a different side of him and start not to hate him as much.

Evenutally we become cool, and decide to go to a Super Bowl party together. It’s snowing out, but mom’s let me take the whip anyways and I pick Mo up. We’re leaving the party and it snowing pretty bad. We start cleaning off the car. Mo takes some of the snow and puts it on his tounge right before kissing me. Not only was the sensation wonderful, but it was still snowing out.

• i love kissing. the best first kiss i had was one of my ex girlfriend’s. i pretty much remember everything about that kiss. what went on before and what happened after. ahh the memories.

• Ah. Okay. So I remembered a kiss that I got that had me ready to have dude’s babies fall on my face. And the funny thing is it was my first. Even if we don’t talk now, I’d like to thank him. So Junior Long [haha] wherever you are, thank you. I’ve got no crazy details but without saying too much, this kiss made me change underwear or at least take them off and leave them off til it was time to go home and then he stole my ladyflower. It would be the 1st thing I wanted to do. Close the door and I’m doing the pinning to the door. You must not know who I am. [Hell, I didn't know what I was capable of those years ago but I wasn't being pinned up to any doors yet.] I guess I found my aggressive side that day. The way he’d lace his tongue with mine and make my mouth dance on the inside along with my stomach’s butterflies made me feel light on my feet. Then of course I’d give up and allow him to pick me up and let juices leak down my thighs and cheeks carry me away.

Shiit. My memory might act up sometimes but give me a few hours and I’ll be here with what’s on my mind.

Now the next best kiss I had, I let dude take over. It was probably so great because not only was I attracted to him and his meat, I loved the mess out of him. A lot. And these kinda kisses were all I needed as far as lube. I let this guy take over and that drove me wild and made the kissing that much better.

Shiiiiit. I’m daydreaming about some good kissing. I haven’t in a while. :-/
    *joins club*

• MsEsquire77 says:

When I was 17 I fell in love for the 1st time. When we initially met I had no idea Jason was interested in me “like that” and I thought he was just a good friend. One day we were at my house with a group of friends and they left us alone in the kitchen to check out my brother’s video games. I was sitting in his lap, chatting up a storm about something random and mid-sentence he turned my face to him and laid the most awesome and passionate kiss on me that I ever experienced. It felt like lightning was dancing on my spine. In response I jumped of him, called to my friends and rushed everyone out of the house :) Once I was able to process it, we talked about it then started dating. It was the beginning of our love story… Oh to be young again :)

• NaijaSweetz says:

My first great kiss lasted. And lasted. And lasted. It was pure bliss. Funny enough, he was the one who reminded me about it a couple of weeks back. Even now, I can’t remember all the details, but I still have yet to feel the same way about another kiss, or any other person, for that matter.