Hush Mama (A Throwback Post)

images
Anyway. This whole ladies getting riled up over basically nothing is as common a phenomenon in real life as it is on SBM. And if I were a man writing about this, a whole lot of ladies would be getting riled up at me for saying that. But the fact of the matter is, women love to start sh*t with men. We like to fight you and do you want to know why? So you can win.

Yeah – I said it. Deep down, a woman just wants a man who can put her in her place. This doesn’t mean that we want a man to be abusive, dismissive, or mean, but we do want a man who knows when to bring out the “hush mama”.  The hush mama (© emti) is when a man tells a woman in no uncertain terms to settle herself. And it is a beautiful thing.  I used to have a man who warned me that I was about to “fly past my nest” on the rare occasions that I was getting rowdy. It was so hot.

Of course there are a lot of men who don’t know how to do this properly and that creates all types of problems. But there is a time and a place for the hush mama. Sometimes women act up because they want attention or because they’ve misunderstood something. Sometimes we get in a tizz over things that even we recognize are meaningless, but we’ve started and we can’t back down now. And in these types of situations, there is nothing sexier than a hush mama.

You don’t have to say “hush mama”. You could say “calm yourself” or “sit down” or “don’t fly past your nest”. There are any number of ways you can tell your girl to settle down in a way that results in her being turned on rather than losing her shit. It’s all about the circumstances and the delivery.

But let me say it again: a man who knows how to put me in my place is a fucking sexy man.

Now if you’ve read my blog enough you know I’m not a spazzy kind of girl. I don’t yell, nag, or forbid. But I am a hyper girl, a nervous girl, and a man who knows how to distinguish between legitimate anxiety and a dramatic moment and will shut it down has the potential to be Mr. Fab.

Ladies, I’m dying to hear what you think because I bet you don’t know youagree with me. Can you see the appeal of a man who knows how and when to tell you to hush? And

Like most days, I spent a good amount of yesterday over at SingleBlackMale.org. And like most days, a little bit of bacchanal popped off. Like most days, my blogging boy Dr Jay Jack dropped the real talk on the ladies and a couple got a little upset. Like most days, what the ladies were upset about had very little to do with what Dr Jay Jack said.

e mastered the hush mama, give me a call sometime let me know.

1. Super Suki says:

Now you know I’m not agreeing because you’re Max Fab.I’m glad there’s a name for this. I know exactly what you’re talking about. A guy that can make me Es Tea Eff You gets my loins moist. I can be on a roll and just going off. Like you said, not a spaz. Hyper (yes yes yes I am!) and a nervous fool at times =(

And there have been 3 occasions when I’ve been stopped in my hypernervousa state and this look comes on: O_o!?! I don’t know how to react unless it means jumping on his bone and making him pay for shutting me up. Why did I cross that out? That’s exactly how I feel!

I can’t articulate the effect of a “hush mama” anymore. I’m getting worked up. Just know I agree with you and you’re awesome. Carry on SuperMax

2. Sam Sharpe says:

Lauryn Hill said it best:

“I get mad when you walk away, so I tell you leave when I mean stay”

Evey women I’ve ever dated (save one) has tended to pick fights for no good reason, to see me react…Personally, I think it’s f***ed up. But that’s just me.

I don’t know if I’ve mastered the “hush mama” but I have my own thing. Silence. Cemetery Silence. Get on the phone with me and start acting the fool and you’ll get one warning from me. Ignore that warning and you’ll be greeted by……silence. Get a little disrespectful or lippy in person? Well you’ll get a little taste of my unscrewed screwface (a mix of an expressionless face and a screwface)

If I must say something it’ll be along the lines of:

1. ChiChi says:

Well Sam, that did it for me. LOL

2. Starita34 says:

Waterfalls.

Not sure if I should be disturbed or not; but I just embrace it. I <3 <3 <3 a good hush mama (thanks for naming it).

I love it. Just had to say it one more time.

Sam Sharpe you have hush mama’d me a couple times on this blog so I think you have a pretty good handle on it.

Plus “I don’t know who you think you’re dealing with, but don’t get back to me until you remember” is as good a hush mama as any gal could ask for.

1. emti says:

had to fan myself at that line

4. emti says:

“Get on the phone with me and start acting the fool and you’ll get one warning from me.”
      That is the hush mama

3. Nick@Nite says:

GIRL!!!!
    and YOU KNOW why I’m screaming..
    Being the lion that I am, I’ve always had a tendency to run over my exes.. I know that they weren’t for me because no one could ever administer the “hush mama” (or I didn’t respect him enough to listen) in the manner that would get me to listen..
    The past few weeks, I’ve gotten it a couple times and it turned me ALL THE WAY on.. the first time was by text and it still worked a miracle.. Yeah, a man that takes control is sexy.. dead sexy.. when it comes from a certain place and not because he’s trying to lord himself over me..

There’s gonna be trouble if he ever gets his hands on me.. Big Trouble in Little China..

1. fixedwater says:

Yeah, I usually end up dismissing those that aren’t “time enough” for me. But a man who can effectively execute the “hush mama” gets his bones jumped respect, and admiration.